Shipping and Receiving Associate-Nationwide Imaging Services
The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for directing the activities involved in shipping and receiving customer-owned product, purchased product, and NIS product. Duties include, but are not limited to: assembling, verifying, packing, addressing, stamping or labeling, selecting delivery method, arranging transportation/carrier, and documenting outgoing product and materials; receiving, unpacking, verifying, and recording incoming product and materials; comparing identifying information and counts; weighing and measuring items for incoming and outgoing shipment against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records and delivery of material or products to internal departments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Examine contents and compare against records (i.e., manifests), invoices, or orders to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments. Ensure that incoming shipments are properly received into Nationwide’s computer system.
- Determine the most efficient and cost-effective shipping method and carrier for materials and products, applying knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Ensure that outgoing materials and products are properly packaged, labeled, tracked, recorded, and entered into Nationwide’s computer system.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials and products for shipping utilizing devices such as hand tools, power tools, postage meters, etc.
- Record shipment data such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, and discrepancies.
- Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials and products. This includes parts for repair shipped to and received from different repair facilities.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver or route materials to departments utilizing devices such as hand trucks, conveyors, sorting bins, pallet jacks, etc.
- Confer and correspond with established representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Resolve inbound and outbound customs issues timely and efficiently.
- Participate in on-call rotation for parts shipping.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory of stock.
- Expand knowledge of proper packing materials and methods in order to ensure that materials and products are secure during shipping and arrive damage-free at their destination.
- Continually improve processes and work flow.
- Adhere to Nationwide’s Quality System standards and procedures and ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Some college desired
- 3+ years direct experience in shipping/receiving and transportation
- Inventory Control experience desirable
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in the packing and shipment of medical devices
- Knowledge of transportation principles and methods for moving goods by air, ground, rail, etc. and their relative costs, advantages, and limitations
- Demonstrated experience in carrier selection and utilization of carrier shipping software (for example, FedEx and UPS)
- Valid driver’s license and solid driving record for a minimum of five years REQUIRED
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
- Willing and able to undertake after-hours travel to carrier offices, drop-boxes, and airports
- Proficient in basic MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written English language and communication skills with internal and external customers; understands the importance of delivering messages in a professional and responsive manner
- Team player; willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Analytical, able to reason and evaluate information and make correct decisions
- Builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members and other employees
- Assesses customer needs and ensures customer satisfaction
- Responsive to requests in a pleasant cooperative manner
- Positive, professional attitude; ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Willing and able to be on-call after hours to assist in shipment preparation or delivery to airports or carriers
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds to table height on occasion
- Able to sit, stand, bend, crouch and climb
- Able to operate a forklift or to be certified to operate a forklift within 8 weeks of hire
- Able to work in a regulated medical environment and warehouse conditions